Welcome To Prairie View Animal Hospital
Low-Stress Care from Nail Trims to Surgery
At Prairie View Animal Hospital we understand that your pet is a member of your family and we will treat them with the kindness they deserve. Prairie View Animal Hospital is proud to be a locally-owned, full-service veterinary clinic in Grimes, Iowa serving the northwest metro Des Moines area including Grimes, Johnston, Urbandale, and the surrounding communities. Prairie View Animal Hospital provides comprehensive medical, surgical, dental, and preventative care services as well as behavior and nutrition counseling for dogs, cats, rodents, and rabbits that will help make your pet an integral part of your family and ours for years to come.
To schedule an appointment for your pet, please visit this page. For your convenience, we also offer drop-off appointments Monday through Friday for all visits including wellness/vaccine visits, nail trims, sick pets, etc. Your pet can be cared for by our staff while you are at work or running errands. Click here to print and fill out a drop-off consent form before your drop-off visit.
Pet owners have the ability to see the same veterinarian at each visit and can also work with the schedule with multiple doctors on staff.
Please call us at (515) 986-2841 with any questions or to schedule an appointment or drop-off visit.
After one crazy and stressful year, we will finally REOPEN our doors to clients on Tuesday, July 13th! Our curbside protocol has received good feedback, but we are looking forward to seeing you in-person again! We have been in the gradual process of reopening over the past 2 months, preparing our facility and training our staff on new and previous protocols. However, it will not be quite business-as-normal during our phased re-opening plan. Our facility simply is not designed to allow for continued distancing.
The following protocol will apply to help limit the number of people that are in the lobby and exam rooms:
- In-room visits will be available for all appointments with the doctor. Technician visits, such as nail trims and blood draws, and medication/food pick-ups will remain curbside.
- In-room visits will be limited to two visitors per appointment.
- For those that prefer, we will continue to offer curbside appointments. Just let us know when you check in!
- For in-room appointments, you will check-in curbside. Call when you arrive and your technician will initially discuss your pet and services over the phone. When ready, your technician will bring you inside the building and show you to your room.
- You will check-out and conclude your appointment in your exam room while your pet’s remaining services, such as nail trims and blood-draws, are performed by your technician and assistant.
- MASKS: masks will not be required by our visitors or employees, but are strongly encouraged for those unvaccinated or those who are more comfortable wearing a mask.
Once again, please be patient with us as we navigate yet another new protocol. Thank you for your support! We can’t wait to see you again!